one 8″ (20 CM) square pan
Makes 36 squares
About this Recipe
Recipe from Set for the Holidays
Appetite for Random House, 2018
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chocolate cookie
- ¼ cup (60 g) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cups (300 g) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (250 g) pure peanut butter
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter
- 4 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 small bananas, or 1 large, small dice
- 4 cups (200 g) mini marshmallows
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
For the base, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a small mixing bowl and then press into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, just to set the crust (you won’t see any visible change). While the base is cooling on a wire rack, prepare the topping.
For the topping, place the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
Stir in the bacon and banana and then add the marshmallows, stirring so they are fully coated. Spread the mixture over the chocolate crumb base and then chill, uncovered, for at least 2 hours to set.