About this Recipe
- 2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (12 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (9 g) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking soda
- ¾ tsp (3 g) salt
- 1 ¼ cups (310 mL) buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Use an ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons to drop batter (about ¼ cup each) onto the prepared baking trays, leaving 2-inches between them. Bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes until they are a light golden brown and lift away from the parchment easily.